Why Project Transparency is Crucial for a Project's Success
Often ignored, but highly crucial, Project Transparency is crucial to the success of any project, be it ERP, marketing, sales, or operations related.
Implementing project transparency in your projects is more than just keeping your team members, clients, and stakeholders informed about your tasks and next steps. It entails a culture where everything is performed openly without secrets and a system where team members can access relevant information efficiently without any difficulties.
Tips to Incorporate Transparency in Projects
While many companies like to ensure transparency in their projects, very few of them manage to achieve this. Some of the ways in which companies can incorporate transparency are through:
- Ensuring that Transparency is a crucial aspect of the company culture. This means that team members are encouraged to openly communicate with their managers, team members, and subordinates regarding all issues and tasks.
- Making information readily available through systems that are easily accessible for clients, team members, and other stakeholders. Efficient ERP systems such as Dynamics 365 and Uniconta make information easy to collect, store and analyze across all departments. ERP systems can also be easily integrated with other Dev Op applications to maximize transparency. With Dev-Ops integration, data and tasks can be better structured into sprints, be placed under specific goals, and be allotted to each team member with a specific deadline for each.
- Using a project methodology or creating a customized project method that enables transparency at each step of your project. For example, at Quantum Omega, we use a combination of the Agile project methodology, the Waterfall methodology, and the Microsoft SureStep program to create an ERP implementation project method that ensures complete transparency for clients and team members, at every step.
The Benefits of Ensuring Project Transparency
Apart from creating clarity amongst team members, transparency creates the following advantages:
- Leads to the Successful execution of Project: when there is transparency in tasks/information and easy access to data, employees are bound to be more agile in finishing their tasks, can work autonomously, and are able to achieve their goals faster with better results. This significantly contributes to the overall success of the project!
- Builds a Strong Relationship with Clients: Being transparent with your clients about project updates, scope and other information builds trust between the client and the company. This leads to customer loyalty and a strong relationship with clients.
- Facilitates teamwork internally: Open communication within the team facilitates a culture of collaboration as team members honestly review one another and help each other as and when needed. They are also likely to brainstorm various ideas and encourage innovation in the team.
- Enhances overall client satisfaction: When clients are a part of a project that is transparent in its updates, scope, and deliverables, they have expectations that are well aligned with the results. This leads to them being satisfied with the outcome as they were already well informed about the details and updates.
The Value of Project Transparency
Incorporating transparency in your team builds a collaborative environment characterized by accountability, clarity, and trust. It significantly impacts your project execution and ensures that your project is executed without any hiccups and derails. At Quantum Omega, we strive to inculcate transparency in our ERP implementation projects through our company culture and more importantly, through our customized project method, which enables us to seamlessly share the bigger picture with our clients, and the details with the team.